Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cropton Brewery’s Monkman’s Slaughter

Extra Special Bitter
http://www.croptonbrewery.com/


Appearance: It’s a dark reddish-chocolate brown color. It was quite cloudy.

Aroma: The only way I think I can describe it is if you can imagine fruit soaking in alcohol. Well it would be the same smell as the beer.

Taste: This beer was quite complex. Porter and I struggled to come up with just the right words but here they are: sour, acidic, bright lemon/green apple, and that is just the flavor that hits you first. In the middle there is a bitterness. At the end the bitterness sits on your tongue.

Mouth feel: There is only a moderate mouth feel. Other reviews I read said it was thick but neither Porter nor I felt a thickness to it.

Overall: While I couldn’t drink too many of these in a row I do agree with Porter, “It’s nice to have a beer that tastes like nothing you’ve ever had before.”


No comments:

Post a Comment